Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Latest Car Article




I had just sent in a car article about a 1969 Camaro to C! Magazine. The car is a 'restomod'. That means that its been restored and modified. The story was originally a very long rticle for C! Magazine. Unfortunately, it had to be edited down due to constraints in the number of pages available. Nonetheless, the story and the layout turned out superlatively and I couldn't have asked for more. People may read the story in the February issue of C! Magazine (available in stands as of the time of this writing). The Ed-in-chief (no less than the famous James Deakin) said that the article was one of the best he'd seen in a long time and (despite the shortening of the story) gave my article a whole lot of room to breathe. His gamble paid off (I think). The owner of the car, Walter Poick, was thrilled when he saw the printed story and said that it was completely spot on. For my part, I'm just extremely pleased to have been given another opportunity to express myself again (although they DID have to er 'censor' my work quite a bit, he, he) and very happy that that the end result was extremely gratifying.

I will continue to write more articles now and I do hope I can find some more interesting (classic) machines to review for C! So, don't forget to grab a copy of this Feb's issue of C! Magazine, available at better magazine stands everywhere.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment